Inspired by Portabello Road, Devonshire Market has different vibe unlike any other in the North. Spend the whole afternoon, and be completely absorbed in the atmosphere; sip a cocktail, find a bargain, and fill your tummy with fabulous foodie treats. The market is a cool mix of talented designers, makers and creators. There's a range of stalls stocking vintage, reworked fashion, handmade arts and crafts, jewellery, antiques, records, farm produce, street food, and lots more.
Opening at 11am and closing at 6pm each market, comes with a twist, whether its live music, street art, a gourmet food court, magic, or cool DJ sets, you can always count on finding something that you didn't expect!
Devonshire Markets aim to ensure all traders (except hot street food traders) are provided with stalls.
If you are a trader seeking to provide your own commercial trade gazebo, stall, or vehicle you must ensure you meet the following criteria.
Gazebos and stalls
• The gazebo / stall should be of sound construction.
• Gazebo leg poles and roof struts should all be part of the main fold out structure and non-detachable.
• Leg poles should be either tubular steel or aluminium, and be of a substantial enough construction to avoid buckling in strong winds.
• The main canopy must be firmly attached to the metal gazebo or stall structure using strong specifically designed ties.
• The canopy and any sides must be made of fire resistant material.
• The gazebo or structure must be capable of being secured down by use of specifically designed correctly fitting weights (min. 25Kg) on each leg.
• No attempt must be made to drive tent pegs or similar into a hard surface to secure the gazebo or structure.
• The gazebo or structure must remain free-standing at all times and must not be secured to any street furniture or other fixture.
It is the responsibility of the pitch holder to ensure the above criteria for use of gazebos is met in order to trade at the market. If any of the above criteria is not met and the market organiser or any local authority health and safety representative, or member of the Police or Fire Brigade deem the gazebo or structure to be unsafe the pitch holder will forfeit the right to trade at the event and will be removed from the trade site.
Access to fresh clean drinking water is available.
Devonshire Markets do limit the number of traders selling any one type of food or drink in order to ensure each trader stands a good chance of making a return on their pitch investment.
A Food Hygiene Certificate for a person representing the trading organisation must be displayed at all times.
It is the responsibility of the trader to source relevant products, and ensure the following precautions are taken:
• Suitable coverings must be placed on the floor both inside the pitch area where food is being prepared or cooked outside where food is being served or sold.
• If food stuff is spilt or dropped on the floor then immediate action must be taken to clear the spillage to prevent a slip hazard and further spread.
• If waste bags or containers are put aside ready for removal, then relevant precautions must be taken to prevent the contents escaping.
• If relevant precautions are not taken, any food stuffs or grease marks left by stall holders will be cleaned and re-charged to the event organiser.
• If the above conditions are not adhered to then the trader will not be allowed back onsite for future markets or events.
Gas cylinders must be kept outside, or within a specific ventilated unit, secured in an upright position & out of reach from the public.
A gas safety certificate for the appliances and pipe work available for inspection & all hose connections are crimped.
The trader must ensure that only cylinders in use are kept at the trade pitch.
The trader must ensure the gas cylinders are readily accessible to enable easy isolation in case of an emergency.
The trader must ensure gas is isolated at the cylinder, as well as he appliance when the appliance is not in use.
The trader must ensure appliances are fitted with full flame safety devices.
The trader must ensure replacement cylinders are fitted in the open air away from the public and sources of ignition.
The trader must ensure cooking appliances are fixed securely on a firm non-combustible heat insulating base and surrounded by shields of similar material on three sides.
The trade must ensure the structure, roofing, walls and fittings of my stall or unit are flame retardant and certification of this is available on request.
The trader must provide a dry powder fire extinguisher serviced with the last twelve months and a fire blanket for the unit or trade pitch.
The trader must make their own staff aware of any action to be taken should an incident occur.
The trader must identify all ignition sources and insure these sources are kept away from combustible materials.
The trader must provide sufficient refuse bins for the disposal of waste produce and litter for my pitch or stall.
Any trade unit deemed unsafe resulting from use of gas will be asked to cease use of gas and / or asked to leave site.
Trader car parking is available on a first come first served basis.
Public liability insurance to the value of £5,000,000 is required from all traders in order to trade at our markets. Most traders have this on an annual policy but one day policies are available and at less than £10.00 affordable. Simply Google "One Day Market Trader Public Liability Insurance" to explore your options.
Devonshire Markets do not supply generators unless there is a need for electricity from multiple traders which would make use of one large generator safer. Therefore we have placed the following rules on the use of generators by traders.
• Generators must be diesel powered and ultra silent, with a noise level of less than 50 dba.
• In the event of fuel leakage, cleaning will be charged to the event organiser.
• Where a generator is used the trader must also provide a foam or powder fire extinguisher.
• The structure, roofing, walls and fittings of my stall or unit are flame retardant and certification of this is available on request.
• Use of generators by traders will be inspected by the market management and / or representatives of the local licensing authority.
• Any trade unit deemed unsafe resulting from use of a generator or electrical appliance will be asked to cease use of the generator and / or asked to leave site.
• Cooking appliances are fixed securely on a firm non-combustible heat insulating base and surrounded by shields of similar material on three sides.
Devonshire Markets are able to provide an on site supply of clean and safe drinking water for all traders to use.
Devonshire Markets are always seeking to work with new people and organisations to deliver lively and vibrant community lead markets in towns and cities across Yorkshire and Derbyshire. If you're interested in hosting one in your town, then please contact us now:
Devonshire Markets have stalls and gazebos available for private hire and corporate functions. The stalls are 2.8m x 1.4m and come fully assembled in a variety of colours at the venue of your choice, with canopies, sidewalls, weights or tie down kits, ground bars, and lighting.
Our 3m x 3m gazebos are suitable for a range of uses. In addition to top quality trade stalls, they make beautiful covered areas for garden parties, weddings, and private functions.
If you are interested in hiring our gazebos or market stalls for your private function or event, then please contact us now:
Artisan Food Producers (Ingredients to prepare at home) = £25.00
Includes 28.m x 1.4m Market Stall.
Artisan Street Food Producers (Consumption at the market) = £65.00
Bar / Alcohol = £85.00
Includes TENS application and onsite security guard.
Fashion / Gifts / Jewellery & Homewares = £45.00
Includes either a 3m x 3m Commercial Trade Gazebo with table or a 2.8m x 1.4m Metal Frame Market Stall.
Charity = £45.00
Includes a 3m x 3m Commercial Trade Gazebo.
Only one charity per market is permitted. The chosen charity is at the discretion of the market organisers and a priority will be given to charities benefiting the community of Sheffield.
Devonshire Markets run more than just markets. If you are an artisan producer or street food retailer seeking to trade at events across Yorkshire and Derbyshire by registering to trade using this form we will be able to keep you informed of trade opportunities when they become available..